Until now, the traditional public switch telephony network was the go-to communication strategy for businesses, however with the planned demise of ISDN and the improvements of the broadband network , VoIP is now the system that has become heavily invested in worldwide.
VoIP (Voice over IP ) refers to any telephony that goes over the internet, whether via SIP trunks or Hosted Voice. Confused by the difference ……
- SIP trunks replace traditional analogue or ISDN telephone lines connecting to your phone system, and work over a broadband connection via the internet.
- SIP trunks typically cost half the price of traditional ISDN , and significantly reduce both service fees and call charges.
- Hosted Voice means telephones connected directly to the internet
- No on site PBX is required , the phone system is hosted in the cloud, so no costly engineer visits.
- Can connect multiple sites onto one phone system
- Hosted services are highly resilient, flexible and offer built in disaster recovery.
Why is VoIP better than a traditional landline telephony platform?
Communication over IP network can be performed at significantly lower rates and is much cheaper compared to landline calls. It is a cost-effective alternative to the former traditional telephony platform and is much more economical when it comes to international calling and long-distance calling.
When it comes to technological capabilities, VoIP undoubtedly prevails over traditional landlines. VoIP for business solutions are full of cutting-edge technology that can support a wide variation of advanced features to optimise the convenience and organisation for your business when it comes to networking.
If you are interested in finding out more about VoIP for business systems, give Trio Telecom a call on 01727 221303