“How soon can I get an engineer out to fix my fault ?” …. This all depends upon the care level you have signed up for on your service.
The following care levels apply to PSTN and ISDN line faults on the Openreach network. Your line care level determines the timescale within which Openreach will aim to repair faults.
There are 4 standard care levels available on Openreach phone lines.[separator]
- Typical level of care on a basic or residential line. Clear by 23.59 day after next, Monday to Friday, excluding Public and Bank Holidays. For example, report Tuesday, clear Thursday.
Care Level 2:
- Clear by 23.59 next day, Monday to Saturday, excluding Public and Bank Holidays. For example, report Tuesday, clear Wednesday.
Care Level 2 is offered as standard by Trio Telecom.
Care Level 3:
- Report 13.00, clear by 23.59 same day. Report after 13.00 clear by 12.59 next day, seven days a week, including Public and Bank Holiday.
Recommended for broadband services.
Care level 4:
- Clear within 6 hours, any time of day, any day of the year.
Typically used for business critical services.
- If the Maintenance Level you are on doesn’t meet your needs, during a fault, you can pay to expedite the fault to a higher care level, where available. This would need to be requested when initially logging the fault and only applies to the current fault. You will be charged if the fault is repaired within the time scale of the level requested.[separator]
Upgrading your care level
Please contact Trio Telecom if you wish to upgrade to a higher care level or advise us at the time of the logging a fault if you wish to expedite to a higher level on a one off basis.
For more information on the care level and the services we offer please call your account manager at Trio Telecom who can advise on costs and availability.