You can set up a three way call with two other parties. Just as with other calls, you can hold and resume these calls. In addition, you’ll have the option to split a three way call, end the call and place the people you were talking with on hold.
Setting up a three way call
There are two ways to set up a three way call: the conventional way —by calling two people and using the Confrnc soft key — or joining two existing calls using the Join soft key.
To set up a three way call:
- Call the first person
- From Lines or Calls view, press More and then Confrnc. The active call is held.
- Using the Dialler, call the second person
- When the second person answers, press More and then Confrnc to join everyone in a conference. The Active: Conference screen displays, as shown next
Holding and resuming three way calls
When you place a three way call on hold, you place the other two people in the call on hold. No one in a held three way call can hear each other.
To place a three way call on hold:
- From Lines or Calls view, press Hold. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first. The other two people in the call are held. The following example shows a held three way call in Calls view.
To resume a held call:
- From Lines or Calls view, press Resume
Ending three way calls
- To end a three way call, and your connection to the other people, press End Call. By default, when you press End Call, the other two people remain connected.
To end a conference call:
- From Lines or Calls view, press End Call.