voicemail, how long before you pick it up? Nobody likes to be kept waiting and the faster you respond to customers, the better. One benefit of using a Hosted Voice, cloud based phone system such as Horizon, is the “Voicemail 2 Email” capability. When a customer leaves a voicemail message on your business number, your phone might flash to say a message has been left. However if you are out of the office, or the office has closed, with a Hosted Voice system the voicemail message will be emailed to you as a .wav file. You can pick up this email remotely on your smartphone for example, and listen to the recorded message. The Voicemail 2 Email function, such as the one offered free on Horizon Hosted Voice, is a simple to use messaging system that ensures you respond fast and extends your effective office hours, ensuring you continue to provide a great service to your customers. So how does it work?
- Log in to your Horizon User portal.
- The Horizon “Voicemail 2 Email” function is on the Call Set Up toolbar of the ‘Horizon’ user portal.
- Enter the email address to send the voicemail file to, and select “notify me at this address”. The email address can be a personal or group email address.
- When a message is left, the .wav file will be emailed to the recipients.
- If you have a single company voicemail box, then your Horizon Administrator will set it up through the portal.